How to have a hassle-free removal
There are several easy steps that you should follow in order to ensure that the removal of your household will go not only easy and hassle-free, but also quickly and up to the most satisfactory results:
- First and foremost, you have to find a reliable and responsible contractor you can trust to help you carry out the job. Look online for suitable man and van companies in your area. Man and van services are easy to fin, so just look around or better – ask a friend or a colleague for possible recommendations. Having a moving company by your side will prove indispensable during the transportation process. Do not forget to ask the company of your choice for a quote, so that you can consider your budget properly in advance – and be careful for hidden taxes and possible additional charges.
- You should consider what equipment and methods would be necessary in order to move your possessions. If you have really big pieces of furniture, expensive art or antiquities at your home, you will have to be very careful in order to avoid causing any damage to them during the removal. Make sure to inform your contractor for any special requirements your project may pose in order to avoid any unpleasant surprises on your moving day. The same goes for the vehicle – all items should fit in the van or truck, lest you want to leave them behind.
- It is very important that every little detail about your moving in the new property is sorted out in advance. As in anything in life, it is unwise to leave everything for the last minute, because if things go wrong and you cannot move in the day you have hired the vehicles on, equipment and people to help you transport your possessions, you will still have to pay them and lose a considerable sum.
- Even before you call the moving company, you have to check whether all your items can actually leave the house. Does the big sofa in the living room can go out the door, or should it be lifted through the window via ropes? Does the wardrobe allow dissembling for easier transportation? You are likely to forget about all those details, but they are quite important.
- Have a good supply of packing materials at your disposal. Do not be cheap – you do not want to damage something just because you have bought low quality boxes that break when loaded. It would be a wise move to start packing a couple of weeks before the actual move, so that you have time to finish the job properly and in as hassle-free a manner as possible.