Which Are the Best Pubs in London
There are many things that London is known for. The pubs scattered all over the map of the capital are one of them and if you love having good times with friends or your special someone, you cannot afford to miss the opportunity to visit some of them. In order to make your choice of a pub easier, we have compiled a list of some of the best public houses in London.
- The First pub on our list is of course the Mayflower on Thames Path. It is one of the many such places in the area, but definitely the best one. Nobody can remember exactly for how long the Mayflower stood here, but it is at least since the middle of the 17th century. The interior, the atmosphere and the history of the place make it the very definition of an English pub.
- The Zeitgeist in Lambeth is something a little different. It is still a pub, but not an English one. The Zeitgeist is a fully fleshed German pub with the beers, Bundesliga matches and everything else. The menu includes 32 bottled and 16 draught beers with German origin. Schnitzel, currywurst and schweinebraten are also included there.
- Sir Richard Steele is located in the house of its namesake, who is one of the founders of the Spectator. You are going to find it a great place, especially if you are into more eccentric venues. From random signs to stuffed animals covering every inch of surface there (the ceilings included) and the surprising presence of cheap and very tasty Thai cuisine on the menu in order to make the picture complete. The bad news is that there are rumors the pub is changing owners and God knows what else is going to change with that. If you do not want to miss the experience, you should definitely hurry up.
- The Greenwich Union on 56 Royal Hill SE10 is a heaven for free-lancers and home workers because unlike other such places in London, it offers free wi-fi, as well as a great stock of beers, including raspberry and chocolate beers. The garden, if you chance upon the Union on a nice summer day, can be matched by few such places in London.
- If you are more into pubs that are not featured in the guidebooks, you might find the small Earl Ferrers on Ellora Road to be the perfect place for you. It is really small, cozy, has a good selection of ale and even a pool table. The Earl Ferrers is definitely one of the best “local pubs” in London.
It is impossible to encompass all the nice pubs in London in just one small article. You will have to do a lot of exploring on your own, which is actually never a bad thing. Send off the man and van experts after they have finished helping you with the move and go celebrate with friends in some of the many fantastic places London has to offer.
Previously serving as a logistics coordinator, Jeremy's comprehensive understanding of the industry gives him the ability to translate complex procedures into easy-to-understand blog posts. He has a particular knack for tackling the intricacies of London's removals scene, from the congested roadways to the unique challenges of navigating historic neighborhoods. As an authentic Londoner, Jeremy combines practical knowledge with his inherent love for the city, offering readers not only information on man with van removals but also local insights and valuable tips.