Five Astonishing Rooftop Bars in the English Capital
London is known throughout the world for its rich history, cultural heritage and amazing landmarks. However the English capital is also known for its amazing bars which contribute immensely to the city’s vibrant night life. Some of these bars aren’t ordinary as they are situated on the roofs of some of London’s most emblematic buildings. Here several of the finest rooftop bars in the city.
- Rooftop Bar & Grill – This breathtaking establishment is located on the roof of the luxurious Boundary Hotel in the district of Shoreditch. It is known for its greenery which includes planted plants, herbs and a couple of olive trees.
- Radio Rooftop Bar – Located on the roof of the brand new ME London Hotel, this is beyond any doubt one of London’s finest. The name of the bar is in honour of the building’s former purpose (BBC’s broadcasting centre). The Radio Rooftop Bar has numerous features such as black leather seats and a retractable rooftop which attract both local and foreign visitors by the number. Another perk that the bar offers is a fascinating view of the capital and some of its main landmarks such as the South Bank, Shard, Gherkin and London Eye. The bar’s best known cocktail is the Flower in the Rain which is a mixture of Grey Goose vodka, rhubarb, lemon, strawberry and cranberry juices which is topped with flower petals.
- Angler Rooftop Terrace – Located on top of the two year old South Place Hotel, this amazing bar lures the crows via a menu full of Michelin-starred seafood delicacies. It is decorated with potted herbs and olive trees in order to create a Provence atmosphere. The greenery of the establishment is complimented with woven crinoline chairs which were designed by prominent Spanish designer and architect Patricia Urquiola. The French Connection is the bar’s crown cocktail. It is a concoction of Hennessey cognac, honey, bay leaves and green Chartreuse. The beverage is served in a Julep tin.
- Yacht d`Argent – This remarkable rooftop bar is designed to mimic the ambiance of a yacht and is situated on the roof of one of London’s finest restaurants, the Coq d`Argent. The bar’s menu features a number of sea food dishes which will make you lick your fingers. The Yacht d`Argent has also a rich assortment of été (summer in French) cocktails, including a delicious hibiscus and peach fizz.
- Sushisamba – Situated in close proximity to the Gherkin, it is on the 38th and 39th floors of the Heron Tower. The ride towards the bar is literally insane as it is done via a rapid panoramic fully glassed elevator. Once you reach your destination you will undoubtedly be amazed by the exceptional panorama that Sushisamba offers to its guests.
You will have to opportunity to visit all these wonderful bars and more once your man and van in London is completed. Know that you can drastically speed up your relocation by using the professional services of a London man and van company.
Honourable mentions: Frank’s Café, Campari Bar, the Queen Elizabeth Hall Roof Garden, and the Vista of the Trafalgar Hotel.