Five of extremely famous streets
Each city is a web of roads that connect different areas and districts. However some streets are better known then rest for one or another reason. Here are some of the most popular roads, avenues and boulevards in the world.
- Champs-Elysées – Located in the Paris, France, Champs-Elysées is undoubtedly the most famous boulevard on the planet. It links Place Charles de Gaulle which is the location of the Arc de Triomphe with Place de la Concorde. It was built in 1670 and is 70 metres wide and approximately two kilometres long. The boulevard is flooded with cafes, luxury boutiques, cinemas and high-end restaurants. The street is also the venue of the Bastille Day military parade which is the largest of its kind in Europe. The event is held every year on the 14th of July. Since, 1975 the Champs-Elysées has been used as the last stage of the highly reputed cycling race Tour de France. The awards ceremony is also held on the avenue.
- Lombard Street – Famed for being the crookedest street on Earth, Lombard Street is one of California’s most distinguishable roads. It lies in the city of San Francisco between Leavenworth Street and Hyde Street. It has a total of eight hairpin turns which were created to neutralise the hill’s natural and highly steep slope. Due to its complex structure the street has strict speed limitations which at some points fall as low as eight kilometres per hour. Lombard Street is named after an eponymous street in the city of Philadelphia.
- Abbey Road – Abbey Road is arguably London’s most popular thoroughfare. It is the location of the legendary Abbey Road Studios were the Beatles recorded almost all their songs and albums. The band even named their 11th and best-selling album after the street in 1969. The cover of the album is a photo on which the Beatles are caught walking through a zebra crossing on Abbey Road. So, make sure that you visit it once your relocation via man and van services if over. Another highly prolific road in London which you must absolutely visit once you have arranged the details with the man and van company is Oxford Street. It is packed with commercial stores, independent shops, top notch public houses and five start restaurants and eateries.
- Orchard Road – Orchard Road is a 2.2 kilometres long boulevard that is located on the island of Singapore. It is the country’s main commercial area and one of its most visited and well-known landmarks. The street is flanked with large shopping centres, upmarket restaurants and cafes, vibrant nightclubs and five star hotels. The road is especially popular for its unique Christmas decorations which explain why Singapore is one of the world’s top Christmas destinations.
- Hollywood Walk of Fame – This is another highly popular street in California. The boulevard is known for its series of stars which are incorporated into the sidewalk and which honour great actors, musicians, theatrical troupes, directors, producers and other artists. At the moment there are over 2.400 starts on the street.
Previously serving as a logistics coordinator, Jeremy's comprehensive understanding of the industry gives him the ability to translate complex procedures into easy-to-understand blog posts. He has a particular knack for tackling the intricacies of London's removals scene, from the congested roadways to the unique challenges of navigating historic neighborhoods. As an authentic Londoner, Jeremy combines practical knowledge with his inherent love for the city, offering readers not only information on man with van removals but also local insights and valuable tips.